To find the oldest person in a room:
- Line up all the people along one wall.
- Ask the first person to state his or her name and birthday,
then write this information down on a piece of paper.
- For each successive person in line:
- Ask the person his or her name and birthday.
- If the stated birthday is earlier than the date
written on the paper, cross out the old information
and write down the name and birthday of this person.
- When you have reached the end of the line, the name and
birthday of the oldest person will be written on the paper.