work is protected by United States copyright laws and is provided
solely for the use of instructors in teaching their courses and
assessing student learning. Dissemination
or sale of any part of this work (including on the World Wide Web)
will destroy the integrity of the work and is not permitted. The
work and materials from it should never be made available to students
except by instructors using the accompanying text in their classes.
recipients of this work are expected to abide by these restrictions
and to honor the intended pedagogical purposes and the needs of
other instructors who rely on these materials.
These resources are password protected. The password is available from
any Pearson sales representative or online through
- Sample Syllabi
- Two sample course schedules are provided, based on a 14-week semester. The
first schedule assumes no
separate lab period. Several labs exercises are integrated into the course,
requiring that some chapters
be skipped. The second schedule assumes a separate, weekly lab period.
- Laboratory Assignments
- Nine laboratory assignments are provided to complement the material in the
programming depth chapters. They emphasize experimentation, analysis, and the
use of programs for solving interdisciplinary problems.
- Sample Tests
- A collection of classroom-tested, sample tests are also provided.
- Exercise Solutions
- Solutions to all of the exercises and review questions in the text are
provided in PDF format.
- PowerPoint Slides
- Lecture notes corresponding to each chapter of the book are provided in
- Figure Images
- Images of the figures from the book are provided for download as